A pre-recorded episode, where we visit Nathan Caldwell as he delivers a sermon titled: Unseen Events. (Matthew 10:34-40)
After Keith introduces the topic of the movement of Christians away from holding a basic biblical outlook on life, we pop into Missionary Baptist church. It’s not the lack of belief that the bible is God’s authoritative word that opens up the doors to slide further away, but because Christians have begun to get their ideas about God from the media and secular sources, a falling away from a bible based worldview has resulted. Do you have doubts about what you believe? Do you feel torn between what society claims is right, compared with what the bible teaches as absolute truth? Doubts are good when they cause you to think, and search for what’s true.
Featured in the show is a track from Country Gospel Music Association artist, Kathy Adkins: I Give You Jesus. . Her songs are used by permission. Find out more about her online. at the Country Gospel Music Association
- Win souls,
So then faith cometh by hearing,
and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17 KJV)
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;
and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. (Isaiah 64:6 KJV)
2. Peace is not always possible. (35,36)
Truth of Jesus sets a man against father, and woman against mother.
- Knnow Jesus know peace. No Jesus, no peace.
- Be at peace with Jesus, and through him at peace with others.
- Don’t seek peace with the world.
- Misconception: humanity is basically good. (see, Isaiah 64:6)
- Christians have a duty: Matthew 5:13-16
- Christians are to be salt and light.
- Salt without flavor is useless.
- Light should be prominant, and not hidd.
- Have influence. Flavor your community. Shine in doing what’s right and good.
3. The delusional disciple(37)
Love for others, above Jesus, is not worthy of him.
- Love for Jesus demands to be shared.
- Share, even when world finds it offensive.
- Blend with the world, be in it, but don’t change the gospel.
- World success is no indication of success with God.
- Stand out, but stand out for Jesus.
- Act how Jesus acts. Model him.
- If the world hates you, it’s because it hated God first.
- Satisfactory solution
- Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)
- Serve him. (a workman)
- Seek what God thinks on the issues. (study to be approved)
- Be ready to give an answer. (Rightly dividing the word of truth)
- Do right, even if treated unfairly. (unashamed)
The philosophy of “Live and let live” has taken away religious liberty.
Silence is acceptance. It’s time to stop being silent, and hold to the truth of Jesus.