Revisiting one of our earliest shows, Keith opens with a short introduction to this solo episode. He reviews a few features to the podcast that were only a concept at the time, but have become features over the years.
The original show can be heard by downloading it with this link.
A delayed release that Keith explains as he opens with the, Meet the Host segment. He talks about some of the concept and background of the podcast, technical difficulties, rough ideas and all. Recovery from the holidays is in full swing, and recording plans are taking shape for this and other podcasts that Keith does. Namely the Alive and Still Married podcast he does with his wife.
Note: As of the time of this Re-Quest, the Alive and Still Married podcast remains on hiatus.
Continuing to look at the statements in the Apostles Creed, Keith pauses to consider why the scriptures can be held as true. Need more convincing? Refer to Lee Strobal’s book, Case for Christ. Particularly part 1 in the book, for historical evidence, and more support for why scripture is trustworthy for study, and spiritual matters. Another good bible teacher Keith recommends is (the now deceased) RC Sproul, and his Renewing Your Mind podcast. Go to your local library! Look them up on the Internet! Don’t believe me just because i tell you to, look into it more on your own.
The statement: And (I believe )in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:
A short list of bible verses are examined to document that Jesus is the only begotten, or uniquely born son of god. He’s the only human in history, or the future who is uniquely qualified to redeem us from the price of sin.
- Psalms 2:7 “I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, `You are My Son, Today I have begotten You. (ESV)
- John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (KJV)
- John 3:18 “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (KJV)
- Romans 1:4 who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord, (ESV)
- Romans 5:21 so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (ESV
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (ESV)
The purpose of the special qualification of Jesus is to pay for each of us going beyond what waits at the end of life… the grave. And make a way we can regain a relationship with God, and rejoin him in his spiritual kingdom. He did this through being resurrected from the tomb, making him the authority and power we have to be able to cqall him our lord
Remember. Your feedback is always greatly desired. Comment, or drop me an email today.